Hygiene Tips for your Dog
Everyone loves their pets but when your pet spends time indoor and out they start to smell. No one likes a smelly pup. Below are a few tips to keep your pup smelling and feeling clean:
Tips for Good House Hygiene:
- Wash your dog every three months, or more often if smelly.
- Use oatmeal based shampoo to avoid doggy dandruff.
- Buy a toy box where you can stash your pet’s playthings.
- Vacuum twice a week or as needed.
- Avoid using a combination food and water bowl that allows food to fall into the water.
- Use washable dog duvet to reduce hair and dandruff in the home.
- Brush your dog at least weekly outdoors.
Tips for Good Outdoor Hygiene:
- Remove any toy parts, trash and anything else your dog my ingest from the lawn.
- Keep doggy area pesticide free.
- Choose dog friendly, nonpoisonous plants that can withstand abuse or trampling.
- Keep a bowl of fresh water outside.
- Secure fences; look for any loose boards, holes or areas that would harm your dog.
- Make sure that your dog has an area that is covered away from the sun, rain or serve weather.
- Provide your dog with enough toys to keep him playing and not destroying your backyard.
Bathing and conditioning tips for Colder Weather:
- Test the water before you begin bathing. Luke warm is the best. Hot water dries out the skin.
2. Use oatmeal shampoo and lather your dog for five minutes.
3. Brush your dog regularly. Use a soft brush that will not aggravate sensitive skin.
Watch for scabs, rashes and itching. Consult your vet if dandruff persists despite the tips above. Skin issues can indicate more serious health problems.