Happy New Year! So today is the day that you make or begin your new years resolution. If you are like most Americans you have a resolution about losing weight, getting more exercise or maybe just becoming healthier. Include your dog in this years resolution. Did you know that 55% of all dogs in America are over weight or even obese. Take them for a walk. Walking your dog has so many benefits for both you and your dog.
- Your dog needs to a change of scenery to improve his mental health. Dogs are intelligent animals that need to be stimulated.
- Just as exercise is good for you it is also good for your dog. Young dogs need an outlet to express their energy.
- Socialization is important throughout your dog’s life. Most people only socialize their puppies but all dogs need a regular opportunity to meet and greet new people and animals.
- Walking with your dog is a great way to build a bond with your dog.
- Take the walking opportunity to work on other commands and training with your dog.
- Dogs who are walked on a regular basis live longer. They are healthier and happier pets which leads to longer life span.
If you are not walking your dog because your dog doesn’t do well on a lease. Stay tune, by next blog will be tips for walking on leash.
Regardless of your resolution Walk your dog. May this year bring you peace, happiness and good health.